About Us

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

The James River Film Society (JRFS) is volunteer run nonprofit dedicated to the art of film and film as art.

The JRFS was originally formed as the Richmond Moving Image Co-op (RMIC) in 1999 through a partnership between the James River Film Festival (founded in 1994) and Flicker. RMIC was incorporated on March 1, 1999, and received its 501(c)(3) nonprofit status from the IRS on July 21, 1999. In 2010 the RMIC changed its name to the James River Film Society to better communicate its mission through its name. The JRFS is an all-volunteer run organization.

Postal Address:
James River Film Society
P.O. Box 7469
Richmond, VA 23221

Physical Address:

James River Film Society
c/o Visual Arts Center of Richmond
1812 W. Main Street
Richmond, VA 23220

Board of Directors:
Jim Collier – Grants
Robert Ellis – Director Emeritus
Michael Jones – President (mike@jamesriverfilm.org; (804) 355-6537)
Jeff Roll – Vice President (jeff@jamesriverfilm.org)

Volunteer Staff:
Victor Escobar – Website, IT (victor@jamesriverfilm.org)
Julia Ratliff – Volunteer Coordinator